Featured Post

Skiffy and Fanty Blog is Back!

(Scroll down to Updates for my latest reviews posted on the Skiffy and Fanty blog!)  I joined the crew of the Skiffy and Fanty Show, a blog ...

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Month of Joy: The Order of the Air by Jo Graham and Melissa Scott

I'm actually cross-posting this in June but back-dating to January because that's when the post I'm talking about here actually went up on Skiffy and Fanty. The science fiction and fantasy fan site that I co-edit had a "Month of Joy" in January, when creators from all over the blogosphere were invited to write an essay about something that provides joy to them.

My essay was about The Order of the Air series by Melissa Scott and Jo Graham. I said these are "some of my favorite comfort reads. Parts of these period adventure-fantasies are very cozy, but aside from the wonderful characters’ mutual support, love, and humor, there are also some tense and exciting action sequences, with almost ordinary people teaming up to resist evil and try to make the world better."

Check out the rest of my review here:  https://skiffyandfanty.com/blogposts/reviews/bookreviews/monthofjoymatson/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about this!