Featured Post

Skiffy and Fanty Blog is Back!

(Scroll down to Updates for my latest reviews posted on the Skiffy and Fanty blog!)  I joined the crew of the Skiffy and Fanty Show, a blog ...

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Moving Beyond the Written Word

I've been working to learn Audacity, an audiofile editor, so here is my first podcast! Because I was recently reminded of the beauty of Ray Bradbury's prose, and because it's seasonal, I'm reading from "Something Wicked This Way Comes."
For the wind-rattling sound effect, I modified a file from freesound.org, "0203wind.wav" courtesy of sagetyrtle.

UPDATE: I re-recorded the dialogue and spliced it in with my previous reading; hopefully the salesman's voice is out of uncanny valley territory now. I also tried to fix the cut-off credit at the end by leaving some extra time at the end of the file, but although it sounded fine on the mp3 on my computer, Yodio cut off the end again when I uploaded the audiofile. If anyone wants to suggest some other free audio hosts besides Yodio, please do so!

3 comments:

  1. I know the last word of the credit at the end was cut off; I'll fix it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could just add in a little bit of spooky piano music or something like that after your credits, which won't matter so much if they get cut off.
    You could also check out http://thecommandline.net/2012/06/25/podcast_production/ (he's very pro-open source, though I don't know if his suite of tools are applicable to your set-up). IIRC, he hosts on Internet Archive (http://archive.org).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I downloaded his podcast, and I'll listen to it this week.

      Delete

Let me know what you think about this!